Friday, January 29, 2010

Well checkup

We are adopting from Korea and most of the children are in foster care there. Every month the baby goes into the agency for a well check up. Our last report was over a month ago and I'm getting anxious for some new news. I'm not worried about any medical condition I would just like some kind of update on the baby.

This time around things have been different. With our first adoption we had our home study and it was sent over to Korea a few days later. We had a referral in 2 weeks and once we accepted the referral we received monthly well reports. We traveled almost 4 months after we accepted our referral and brought our son home at 6 mos old.

The second time our home study was in April and our paperwork went to Korea about 2 weeks later. We got our referral 3 months later and traveled within 3 months of truning in our match paperwork. I brought our 2nd son home at 5 mos old.

The third time We had our home study in October but then had to put the process on hold for 6 months. Our paperwork went to Korea in April and we waited 13 months for a referral and then our daughter came home 4 months after at 9 months old. By the time we got to the 3rd adoption laws in Korea changed and the baby had to be in care of the adoption agency for 5 months before they could be referred to International Adoption.

This time around we weren't in the process at all. One day my phone rang and it was our agency saying one of your children has a sibling and they would like to place her with us. We learned about our daughter when she was just a month old. We got a photo then heard nothing until December when she turned 5 months old. We have jumped thru some pretty big hoops to pull everything together so quickly but it's all worth it. I'm so thankful that things are moving along but this time I have known about this little girl for 5 months now and I'm just anxious to hear more about her. She is meant to be with us. Thinking I may have several more months to wait is very difficult but I know that all things happen in Gods time so if I could just learn to be more patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment