Saturday, July 3, 2010

Reflecting

This morning I'm reflecting and I'll post about Day 4 later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkh_KxKao0 ~ Walk by Faith Jeremy Camp

I'm not sure if this link will work but this is the song I'm currently listening to and it seems to be our theme song. Our(Bill and I) lives together have always been about walking by faith. Everything we have ever done never made sense on paper but to us it did. As many others have looked into our lives they have thought we were crazy with decisions we made, some told us some didn't and some just sat back and watched.

God has done such amazing things in our lives. I have been doing alot of reflecting these past few days and I am completely amazed at the miracles God had granted in our lives. Bill and I have been through some absolutely impossible things but God has always brought us through these tough times. There have been many times when we wondered if our faith was enough or questioned our faith but in the end we choose to believe for all things are possible thru God and he has always provided for us just when we needed it and not in our timing but his.

God has also put some of the most amazing people into our lives. Sometimes I don't think we realize or appreciate the importance of those who surround us and the chain of event that unfolds for us. Years ago I read this email chain letter about how God puts people in your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime and I find I reflect back to that often anymore. I often question why things happen the way they do but I do believe it's all for a purpose even when it's not a good outcome.

In 1991 I met Bill; we started dating in 92, got engaged in 93 & married in 94. As many couples do we talked of a family and hoped to have 2 children. I had thought 2 boys would be amazing but knew it was all in Gods hands. At the time I had no idea how true it was that the outcome of our lives really is in God's hands. We tried for years to conceive and have children and as we watched many in our lives give birth to their children we suffered is sadness of what we thought we were loosing. It was a very dark period for me but Bill's faith is what really pulled us through that time only to be brought to this journey we travel today.

I never would have imagined the life we lead today in my fairytale of a dream I dreamed but if we keep our hearts, our minds and our faith open anything is possible. When I look around me even today but especially my life I just cry at the impossibleness God has provided for us. To think we would have been blessed so richly.

One day, years ago someone asked me if we were rich and I answered by saying we are rich with love and that continues to be my answer. As I look at people around us I'm sure some wonder how we will manage with 4 children in a small home with a single income but those people don't truly know us. Life is full of hardship but not many can see past the hardship and financial aspect. We have been blessed to realize the material things are not whats important but the love we have in our hearts and our faith is enough. That’s not to say we don't wish and dream for more in our lives, we certainly do but at the end of the day we are so very thankful for all that God has blessed us with.

I had intended to single out those who have helped us so richly through this process to help bring baby Tae home cause there are so many of you who have but then I remembered its not Gods plan for us to look for praise, he know our deeds and works and that’s all that matters. For those of you who have helped us, which is all of you in our lives, you know who you are and we will be forever grateful for all you have done. Your prayers have been our biggest gift.

If knowing us has taught you anything I hope you have taken away that thru God all things are possible so have faith even when it scares you to death. And God tells us to ask for what it is we want. He may know your heart but you need to be specific when asking.

Our journey isn't close to being over.. I can't help but wonder what God has in store for us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment