Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2 weeks closer

2 weeks have passed since EP approval and tomorrow our little girl goes for her exit physical. With each passing hour we are that much closer to bringing baby Tae home to join her forever family.

I have been through all of Karely's old baby clothes not to mention the clothes given to me by friends and we bought a few as well so I'm hoping to be covered for the summer. At this point I'm still not sure on what size she is so I'll just have to wait & see.

I'm getting really anxious and excited. Today I considered packing Tae's travel bag but I didn't dare. I do need a few items for her. I need to get her a baby blanket and I need to pull out some baby toys to pack for her. Since she will be with us for a few days before we leave I'll have to pack for her as well which is something I wasn't expecting.

We found out last Friday that placement procedures have changed this week and now instead of meeting our little princess within 2 days of being in country we have to wait until 48 hours before we depart. With the boys we had a meeting with the Foster Mom & baby for about an hour within 2 days of our arrival. Then we went back 2 days later for the pre-flight physical (just to make sure baby is healthy enough to travel) then back 2 days later for placement & then off to the airport with Julian with Kai I had him overnight since our flight left on a Saturday. Now we will have 4 days to sight see then 48 hours before we leave we have a short visit with the foster mom, the pre-flight physical & off to our hotel for 2 days to get to know each other before we board the plane home for the 14 hour flight. I guess I have waited this long so a few more days won't kill me but knowing I'm that close to her and have to wait to meet her is going to drive me crazy.

Were getting closer to choosing a name we now have 3 contenders: Julian's choice is Jadyn, Kai's is Jacy & Bill's is Jana. Once we meet her we will make the final decision.

I know I'm completely crazy but I'm half expecting the phone to ring on Friday with travel approval. It's way to soon to expect it especially when the physical is tomorrow but it's just a hopeful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment