Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy 11 mos Tae- & 3 weeks closer

Happy 11 months Tae-hui. I had really hoped you would have been with us by now but I guess God has other plans.

It was quite a busy week and this one will be even busier. It's the boys last week of school and Julian is preparing for his championship baseball game. His team stepped up for the playoffs and is doing so great. Julian had to miss 2 of the games but is excited that they won on Saturday & made it to the next round.

I was really hoping Friday was going to be our travel call day but instead we received an email late in the day that we had to sign a class B2 waiver and the original notarized copy had to be sent to Korea before visa would be issued. Bill was able to rush home from work (which is an hour away) and meet me at the notary then I rushed it to the agency so they could send a scanned copy over to Holt in Korea & the original is to leave via DHL today. Can't believe we pulled it all off in about 2 hours.

At this point we expect this means we won't hear anything about travel until next week. If this is the case then we will have to wait until July to travel. It's really not what I was hoping for but at least we know with every passing day we are that much closer to having Tae with us forever.

On Friday we also learned that another family at the same point as us in the process learned that the baby they were matched with developed serious medical concerns and they were unable to adopt her. My heart is breaking for them, I can't even begin to imagine. This sure does put things into prospective for me and makes me realize that although our daughter is still not with us she will be very soon. We need to be thankful for each day we have and for all that God has already given us. Without him in our lives we would have nothing.

I'm so thankful to have such great family and friends who have supported us along the way. There have been a few key people who have blessed us tremendously and for this I am so eternally grateful. God really has put some key people in our lives, we truly have his favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment