Thursday, June 17, 2010

Procrastination

Procrastination- I'm not sure that I like this word it sounds so harsh but I guess I have to admit that I am a big procrastinator. On the few occasions I have had everything done on time or early I have always ended up being disappointed so I wait until the last minute. It's not like I don't have enough to keep myself busy I certainly do but sometimes it's things that don't need to be done when I'm doing them.

I'm days away from getting travel permission. We got confirmation today that our class b waiver was received by Holt in Korea so now it's just a matter of the embassy issuing the exit visa. I know it will be here in no time at all but yet I can't seem to get enough done. At one point I kept telling myself if I just checked enough things off my list we would get that call. But now I'm in panic mode wondering what can & will go wrong.

I have kept myself very busy with school & sports but the parties are behind us, Kai finished kindergarten today & Julian finishes tomorrow. We do have a fun packed weekend but Julian is done soccer for the next month and he will be done baseball on Saturday or Tuesday depending on if his team wins the championship game on Saturday. The non-stop life of the kids is beginning to slow down, I can no longer use this as an excuse not to be ready. SO why is my MUST DO list before we leave for Korean not getting any shorter? PROCRASTINATION is the reason, there still is time for something to go terribly wrong so if I don't prepare maybe just maybe nothing will go wrong.

I'm praying that I get myself on track & kick butt over the next week to knock all my "must do's" off my list by next Friday so I can have some peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment