Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TRAVEL CALL

At 9:37am yesterday we received our travel call. :)

The day started beautifully with the sun out shining, the kids first day of summer vacation and we were waiting for our great nephew to be born. Welcome Gavin Lee to our family and congratulations to Tim, Jen big sister Faith & big brother Rocky.

I felt really anxious so I sent an email to our caseworker & program coordinator at 9:35am saying: my heart can't stand the wait today is there any travel news? And 2 minutes later my phone rang. I still wasn't sure it was the call I was hoping for but it was...

The rest of the day is a bit of a blur but we are tentatively booked on a flight next Tuesday at 1am which will have us arriving in Korea at 4am. We made arrangements with our agency to be picked up from the airport an taken to our hotel. Arranging travel was very difficult because it's a very busy time to visit Korea. Our return flight home will be on Tuesday July 7th and we will arrive at JFK.

The rest of the details are still being worked out. The agency in Korea is booking our hotel and we should know in a day or 2 when we will meet our boys foster mom's, when we will go sight seeing and when we will receive custody of baby Tae.

We have so much to do to get ready to leave. I downloaded Skype to my laptop and crashed it so hopefully it will be back & running so I can video chat with Karley every day we are gone.

I plan to post updates as often as time allows but with 2 young boys I'm not sure they will give me much down time and we have alot of things to squeeze into our week visit to their homeland.

I really can't believe it's time to go. It seems like a dream. Am I really going to be a mom of 4? That is a pretty scary thought but exciting at the same time.

I'll update once we have more information. And if any of you visitors to our blog have some travel advice that you would like to share with us we welcome it happily.~ thank you

2 comments: