Thursday, August 5, 2010

1st Month

Today is 1 month since Jana joined our family. Time is just flying by and it seems like she has been with us forever. I feel like I'm dreaming but never wake up.

Jana's transition as been amazing. She absolutely loves her brothers and sister. She acts like she had been here forever. It took her 2 days to switch to our time and she has been sleeping thru the night for 12 hours since her 2nd real night here. She takes good naps and eats like a champ. I wonder where she fits all the food and she likes everything I feed her which is a plus. We are working on switching her to milk and so far she is doing great with that too.

Jana loves her crib, is very active and babbles us a storm. I wonder if she is talking some Korean but I don't know. When she is really upset she does say oma which is Mom in Korean just not sure if I spelled it right.

When we first brought her home she would cry if she wanted to move because she wanted us to carry her every where. Just this past week she realized how quick she could get places crawling herself and she zooms all over with a big smile on her face now.

When she is tried she does need to nap. With Julian, Kai & Karley we could kind of push the naps if needed but not with Jana, when it's nap time she melts down and must go to her crib. She only takes very short naps in the car so no on the go napping for her which makes life with 3 other children more difficult but it's all working out and we will be past this stage before we know it.

I don't get to post like I wish I could and my time to myself is almost nonexistent but I'm sure one day not so very long from now I'll be wishing for day's like these where someone needs me so I intend to suck it up and enjoy what I can.

Happy 1st month Jana, I hope you love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment