Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just wondering

Caution.. personal thoughts you may not be interested in...


I'm just wondering..... when you get to child #4 do people not care anymore?

I'm not complaining I'm just wondering
Jana has been with us for 1 month now and at least half of the family has yet to meet her. Some members haven't even called and I'm talking siblings.

We got 1 card to welcome her home and 1 friend cooked us dinner which was so super awesome. I have a friend who I met recently that is just wonderful with facebook messages and reads my blog and I know if she lived near me she would be around and I'm so thankful for her.

I have to say though I'm a little hurt.. My father-in-law and 1 of my sisters calls us often to check in but other than that not much of anything from anyone else. When I see people they ask how's it going and if I say stressful they say well this is what you wanted. It's like well you went from 3 to 4 children so shame on you. Even those with 4 children don't have time. I feel kind of alone.

Please understand I'm not upset with anyone and I really don't mean for this to be oh poor me but I just can't help but wonder if having 4 children puts you in an entire different category?

Well I'm determined not to let it get to me. I'm blessed to have my family and friends, all of them weather they choose to be part of our lives or not. I happen to think those who are too busy to meet baby Jana are the ones loosing out but when they eventually decide they have time we'll be here

3 comments:

  1. 5 is what put us there. When we got our sib call last year and went to 5 I felt very alone for MONTHS! I felt alone having a large family and working full time and then hearing others make comments about how we don't get out much and haven't seen us in forever. You can come see us too, you know? It gets kind of lonely. But, it gets better after adjustment and it took us, personally, about 9 months. Welcome home and talk to me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it's noce to know I'm not the only one :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I care!! Even if I don't check your blog as often as I should. Sending you hugs and happy thoughts from far away!

    ReplyDelete