Saturday, August 21, 2010

Looking back~ 1 year ago today


1 Year ago today I was walking thru Genuardi's a little after 11am with Julian, his friend Harrison, Kai & Karley when my phone rang. I remember it all so clearly, we were walking down the bread isle when my phone ran and it was my caseworker. I didn't answer, I couldn't answer because somehow I knew what she was about to tell me and I was in the supermarket with the kids. I started to cry, then my phone rang again this time it was Bill, I started to cry harder and the boys just looked at me. Harrison asked if I was ok and I said yes and the boys said "oh those are happy tears" I couldn't answer Bill's call cause his call just confirmed what I was thinking. A moment later he texted me to call him "right away" saying he just talked to our caseworker.

I have no idea how I knew what was going on but somehow I just did. I was now standing in front of the egg case when I realized I had to call back. (To this day when the boys are food shopping with me as soon as we get to the eggs they say "this is where we got the call) When Bill answered the phone I just simply said "so who has a sibling" and he started asking me questions thinking I talked to Patti. I told him I didn't but she tried to call so I just knew what it was about. All Bill could tell me was that Kai had a little sister and they wanted to place her with us. He asked me to call Patti but I couldn't possible until I left the store.

I finished shopping and we left for home. Thank goodness Harrison had been with us before or I'm sure and maybe he still did think I was a nut. I cried all the way to checkout & all the way home. When I got in the car I called Leeanne first, because I wasn't sure what to do and she said of course you will say yes but I was worried about what Bill thought. Just 2 nights before Bill said we were done. Before I talked to Patti I had to figure out how to convince Bill this baby had to be with us, she was family, I didn't even know anything about her yet but that didn't matter, she was family, OUR family. Next I called Judy who said just do it. It will work out, just do it. Then I called Bill back, he couldn't believe I hadn't talked to Patti yet. I told him we needed to talk first. He couldn't believe I thought he would say no. He said "are you kidding me of course were adopting her she's ours we will figure it out".

I was so relieved I didn't have to talk him into it. Of course I had no idea how we would pay for this adoption we just finalized Karley's a few months before but I knew we had to say yes and we would figure it out.

I called Patti and tried to be calm but I was anything but. I got as many details as I could and begged her to send a picture right away. Of course I told her the answer was yes. We talked about the money and I told her I wasn't sure how we would come up with it but we would. I then called the program coordinator and she gave me what information she has. Soon after I got the first picture of our beautiful daughter...
Bill and I took a great "walk by faith". We prayed alot and believed that God would bring us to completion and sure enough he has. As we hold Jana in our arms we so so thankful for our faith and our family, friends, strangers and adoptionbug.com. All of who made it possible for baby Tae-hui to be with us today. In case we haven't said it enough.. Thank you every one of you we will be eternally grateful forever for all you have done for us.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh...I love those memories. I remember our email, then call so vividly. It was a total leap of faith and I totally understand what you mean about that feeling of them already being family. I felt the same way on our son's sibling call. He was ours before he was. Can't imagine a second without my little tornado.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our family and am so blessed by your blog and the thoughts that you share. I love you so much!! Your adoring Husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goosebumps and tears of joy! I can only imagine how that call felt. How amazing!! And P.S. thanks for sweet mention. You are far too kind! -Tammi

    ReplyDelete